Gaylord Boat Accident Lawyers
Count On The Gaylord Boat Accident Lawyers At Jay Trucks & Associates
Boating is enjoyed as a source of recreation, but each year a large number of boat accidents also result in serious injuries. The United States Coast Guard reports that in 2017 there were 658 fatalities and 2,629 injuries as the result of boat accidents. A large number of these accidents are caused by one party’s recklessness or negligence. As a result, a large number of people end up facing numerous complications including large bills and injuries. One of the best ways to respond to these accidents is to quickly obtain the assistance of a skilled injury attorney. At Jay Trucks & Associates, we refer to ourselves as Michigan’s injury lawyers because our Gaylord boat accident lawyers have the experience necessary to help those impacted by a variety of accidents including those involving boating, jet skis, and personal watercraft in obtaining the compensation they deserve.
Typical Ways in which Gaylord Boat Accidents Occur
While boating accidents can occur in many ways, some of the most common types of accidents include:
- Adverse weather conditions. Storms can arise quickly and endanger the lives of people on boats. As a result, boat operators should remain observant of the various conditions that can lead to dangerous accidents. A report issued by the United States Coast Guard found that adverse weather was the 7th most common cause of boating accidents in 2016.
- Dangerous waters. Boating operators must remain careful about where their boat is headed, or they can quickly end up in dangerous situations, which quickly lead to boat accidents.
- Equipment failures. When the equipment that is used to navigate boats properly fails, accidents can occur which place the boat’s operator and its passengers at risk.
- Inattentive drivers. Drivers should always remain aware of a boat’s surroundings. Failure to properly pay attention while operating a boat can endanger lives of the operators and passengers in many ways.
- Inexperienced boat operators. Boats require some distinct skills to operate properly. The best way for boat operators to avoid ending up in serious accidents is to successfully complete boat safety classes.
- Intoxicated operation of a boat. Under no means should boat operators attempt to combine driving a boat with alcohol or intoxication because this significantly increases the chances of a serious boating accident.
Advice on Safely Operating a Boat
There are fortunately some steps that boat operators can take to reduce the risk of being involved in deadly boating accidents. This advice includes the following:
- Attend and successfully complete a boating safety course
- Avoid combining the use of alcohol and drugs with the operation of a boat
- Make sure that each boat has one flotation device for each passenger
- Stay up to date with weather reports to avoid being caught in accidents
- Teach boat passengers about how to respond in case of an accident
Speak with Our Experienced Gaylord Boat Accident Lawyers Today
If you are harmed in a boat accident, it is a wise idea to quickly contact an experienced boating accident attorney who will remain committed to fighting for the compensation that you deserve. At Jay Trucks & Associates, our legal counsel has the experience and knowledge necessary to help people who are injured in even the worst boating accidents obtain the compensation that they deserve. Speak with our law office today to make sure that your case resolves in the best possible manner. After creating a strong legal strategy, we will remain committed to fighting for the compensation that you deserve. With over 150 years of combined legal experience, our lawyers know how to fight the insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us now for a free case evaluation.