A traumatic brain injury (TBI) often results in lasting complications and, in some cases, may significantly affect the quality of a victim’s life. The mounting costs for ongoing treatments can create an overwhelming financial burden on the victims and their loved ones.
I would like to say thanks to all the employees who worked on my case. The secretaries, attorneys, everyone kept me well informed pretty much at all times. Thanks….
– J. Peters
At Jay Trucks and Associates, we understand the financial, physical and emotional difficulties that many TBI victims and their families may face. We have represented injured residents in Genesee County and other counties across Michigan for over three decades. Our successful track record of recovering millions in compensation for clients includes $2,000,000 for a victim who suffered a TBI in a car accident, and also a $698,000 recovery on behalf of a worker who suffered a closed head injury while cutting trees.
Contact our Flint traumatic brain injury lawyers to schedule a free consultation. We are prepared to assess whether you may have a case and if so, discuss the options that may be available. You are under no obligation and there are no upfront retainer fees for our services. We collect our fees only if we are successful in recovering compensation for you.
Our firm is available 24/7. Ph: (800) 762-8623.
Do I Have a Valid Case For Compensation?
Brain injuries can be difficult to detect, especially since symptoms may not present themselves for days or weeks after an accident happens. It can also be challenging to link your injuries to the accident if you did not immediately go to a doctor for treatment. However, we are prepared to help in any scenario.
To have a valid case for compensation, there are some factors we may need to consider:
- Details about how and when your injury occurred
- Whether the at-fault party owed you a duty of care, such as another driver who should have taken reasonable steps to prevent you from harm by following safe driving laws
- Whether this duty was breached by the at-fault party, causing you harm and suffering damages
- Any medical care received after the accident, including a prognosis for recovery
- Supportive evidence to help build a strong case (photographs of the accident scene and your injuries, an official police/accident report, video footage, witness statements, doctor’s notes and medical records).
At Jay Trucks and Associates, we offer free consultations to review your situation, discuss your potential legal options and determine if another’s negligence caused or contributed to your injury.
Submit our Case Evaluation form to get started.
What is My Case Worth?
Calculating the value of a case is complicated. Our legal team needs to get a better understanding of the full extent of your injury, your recovery time and other related losses to give you an accurate answer.
In general, certain types of damages you may be eligible to recover include:
- Medical bills – These costs are unique to your injury. Typically, more serious TBI’s increase the value of a case due to mounting medical costs incurred by treatments, medications or therapies needed to help a victim reach maximum recovery and for any lifelong care that may be required.
- Lost wages – TBI victims who are unable to work while recovering or may never be able to return to work because of the severity of their injuries may be compensated for loss of income.
- Lifelong assistance – Some TBI’s are so severe that complications can take years to recover. The worst cases may result in permanent, irreversible damage. These victims could be eligible for compensation to pay for a daily caregiver to help with routine care and other tasks.
- Pain and suffering – Compensation provided for the physical pain and emotional suffering resulting from a brain injury.
Our experienced Flint traumatic brain injury lawyers are prepared to help you pursue maximum compensation for your damages.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a TBI Lawyer?
When considering a lawyer to manage your TBI, it is important to find one who specifically understands the nuances of a serious brain injury. At Jay Trucks and Associates, we know how to handle these types of cases and understand how to build a strong argument to obtain compensation you will require in your recovery.
If you have a valid case, our Flint TBI lawyers are prepared to conduct a detailed investigation into how the accident happened and gathering supportive evidence. Additionally, we are prepared to handle all communications and negotiations with third parties, including your insurance company.
You never have to guess about the status of your claim, because we keep you fully informed throughout the legal process. If a settlement cannot be reached, we are ready to go to trial, if necessary.
Call our firm for legal help today: (800) 762-8623
Is There a Time Limit To File My Case?
Michigan’s statute of limitations dictates a strict three-year deadline for filing a traumatic brain injury lawsuit. If you miss filing by that deadline, the court will likely dismiss any attempts to pursue compensation for your damages.
As in most situations, there are exceptions that may occur, which could cause you to have to file sooner. We welcome the opportunity to explain whether any of these exceptions apply in your situation.
Most Common Traumatic Brain Injuries
Someone can suffer a traumatic brain injury if they receive a blow to the head or are involved in an accident that causes a violent shaking injury to the brain.
Depending on the severity of an accident, a victim may suffer an open or closed head injury. If someone sustains a head injury, but the skull remains intact, it is a closed head injury. However, if an object penetrates the skull and enters the brain, this kind of injury is classified as an open head injury.
These injuries can result in severe brain trauma, which may include:
- Concussions – Victims may experience momentary vision or memory loss and feel dazed or disoriented. Multiple concussions may result in permanent brain damage. Since there is often no visible evidence of damage, it is critical to get a medical examination for any kind of head injury.
- Hematomas – A blood vessel in the brain that, if it ruptures, can increase in size and compress the brain, causing loss of consciousness or even permanent brain damage.
- Hemorrhages – Bleeding may occur in or around the brain, with symptoms that include severe headaches and vomiting due to the buildup of pressure.
- Diffuse axonal injuries – A severe injury involving tearing of nerve tissue can happen in accidents that cause violent shaking of the brain.
Symptoms Associated With Traumatic Brain Injuries
It is important to recognize that any TBI can pose a significant health threat to a victim. We strongly recommend that you seek immediate medical care. There are many symptoms for traumatic brain injuries, depending on whether it is a mild, moderate or severe.
A mild TBI could present with symptoms of blurry vision, mild to severe mood changes, memory loss, sensitivity to light, unexplained fatigue, nausea or vomiting,
A moderate TBI displays some of the same symptoms, but could also include a loss of consciousness, slurred speech, fluid running from the ears and nose, extreme agitation, severe headaches and seizures, repeated bouts of vomiting, convulsions and a feeling of weakness in fingers and toes. While some of these symptoms may appear quickly, others may not be evident for hours or even days afterward.
A severe TBI can immediately result in multiple or extended bouts of unconsciousness. Symptoms may include nausea or vomiting, severe tinnitus (ringing in the ears), vertigo or difficulties with balance, seizures, difficult speaking or walking, dilated pupils and blurry vision.
Contact A Flint Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Today
Jay Trucks and Associates is prepared to provide legal help if you or a loved one sustained a TBI caused by a negligent act. We offer a 100 percent free consultation to assess whether you may have grounds for taking legal action.
We have a proven and successful track record that includes over $500 million in recoveries for our clients during more than 30 years of providing services. If you hire us, you will only pay our fees if we obtain a successful verdict or settlement on your behalf.
Call Jay Trucks and Associates today. Ph: (800) 762-8623.