At Jay Trucks & Associates, our Saginaw personal injury attorneys help those injured in preventable accidents seek justice and fair compensation. An injury accident is rarely just an “accident,” and someone else’s lack of attention or caution is often to blame. When the unthinkable happens and someone injures you, turn to our firm for the qualified representation you need and deserve.
I would recommend that anyone who needs legal representation go to Jay Trucks & Associates. They are wonderful people who care about people and their problems…
– B. Thornton
We have more than 100 years of combined experience handling personal injury claims and will aggressively pursue fair compensation for your injuries. Our team has recovered millions of dollars for injured people in Michigan, and we have the resources to tackle the toughest cases. If we take your case, you do not owe us any fees unless you collect compensation for your injuries. Call us today or visit our contact page for your free consultation.
Why Hire Jay Trucks & Associates for Your Saginaw Personal Injury Case
Don’t choose an inexperienced or apathetic attorney to represent you if someone else’s carelessness injured you. You need a lawyer who can build a convincing case and fight for the full and fair compensation the other party owes you.
If you live in Saginaw or the surrounding area and someone injured you, here are a few reasons to choose Jay Trucks & Associates to represent you:
- Our results. No matter what a law firm says about their qualifications or why you should hire them, there is only one thing that matters: Did their clients get what they want? You need to look elsewhere if a law firm cannot help you reach your desired outcome. Our Saginaw personal injury attorneys have a proven track record and know how to help you recover fair compensation for your injuries.
- Our experience. You need a personal injury lawyer who understands the law and the realities of how these cases work. Experience is the best teacher for an attorney, and our Saginaw personal injury lawyers have more than a century of combined experience. We understand how personal injury cases work and how to protect your rights.
- Our resources. Personal injury cases are often complicated and expensive, so you need a law firm to see your case through to the end. Our team includes five staff attorneys and more than a dozen support personnel, giving us the means to tackle the most complex cases. We also have the financial resources to go toe-to-toe with insurance companies and win.
- Our commitment to customer service. Some law firms will lose sight of you in the numbers and legal battle of a personal injury case, but we understand that people are at the heart of these cases. We will make the process as easy as possible and promptly answer your questions or concerns.
Phone: (800) 762-8623. You can also complete a Free Case Evaluation form.
How Much Is a Saginaw Personal Injury Case Worth?
Most clients’ first question is, “How much is my case worth?” It is a fair question, but we cannot give you a precise estimate until we thoroughly evaluate your case. The compensation depends on your injuries and damaged personal property, the type of accident, the available evidence, whether you played any role in the incident, and other factors.
That said, our injury attorneys can help you seek compensation for:
- Medical expenses related to the accident
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earnings due to an injury or disability
- Physical pain
- Mental or emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life due to an injury or disability
- Damaged personal property
Remember that under Michigan law, you have three years from the date of an accident to file a lawsuit against any liable parties. If you miss this deadline, the courts will automatically dismiss your case, and you will lose your leverage over an insurance company. Without the threat of a lawsuit, you likely will not recover compensation for your injuries.
Saginaw Personal Injury Statistics
Here are a few statistics about personal injury cases in Saginaw and Michigan generally:
- According to the state Office of Highway Safety Planning (OHSP), there were 5,428 motor vehicle crashes in Saginaw County in one recent year. These crashes led to 1,467 injuries and 18 deaths. By comparison, the OHSP says there were 282,640 total crashes statewide that year, leading to 71,246 injuries and 1,131 deaths.
- In one recent year, the OHSP recorded 9,557 crashes in which alcohol was a factor. These crashes led to 5,297 injuries and 357 deaths.
- Drivers using smartphones behind the wheel continue to be a significant safety issue in Michigan. The OHSP reports that 2,765 crashes in one recent year involved drivers using phones, including 21 fatal crashes.
- Boating accidents are also common in Michigan. The U.S. Coast Guard reports 110 boating accidents statewide in one recent year, leading to 21 deaths and 42 injuries. These accidents also caused almost $1 million in property damage.
- Medical malpractice incidents constitute a significant problem in Michigan and across the United States. According to a study from Johns Hopkins Medicine, medical errors might be the third-leading cause of death in the U.S.
- The National Safety Council reports the average American has a one in 21 chance of dying from a preventable cause.
Cases Our Saginaw Personal Injury Attorneys Take
Our Saginaw personal injury law firm handles many kinds of cases, including:
- Car accidents. Michigan’s no-fault car insurance system can make recovering compensation for your injuries difficult. Still, we know how to work with the system. If a driver injured you through their negligence, you likely have the right to compensation. Common causes of driver negligence include drunk driving, distracted driving, drowsy driving, speeding, following too closely, not checking blind spots, and failing to yield the right-of-way.
- Truck accidents. Semi-trucks and other commercial vehicles can wreak havoc in a crash because of their size and weight. Many truck accidents happen because a truck driver is drunk, distracted, drowsy, or otherwise negligent. Other potentially liable parties in a truck accident include the trucking company, the company that made the truck, maintenance workers, and cargo loaders.
- Boat accidents. Boat captains can cause accidents if they drink or use drugs while operating the vessel. Sober operators can cause boat accidents if they go too fast or ignore other safety regulations. Negligent maintenance workers can also cause a boat accident if they do not do their jobs properly.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle riders frequently sustain injuries in accidents caused by negligent drivers in cars or other vehicles. Some examples of negligence that can cause a motorcycle crash include drivers not checking their blind spots, following too closely, speeding, impaired driving, and not yielding the right-of-way to motorcyclists.
- Medical malpractice. Medical errors and malpractice are shockingly common in Michigan, from prescription errors and incorrect diagnoses to surgical mistakes and poor follow-up care. Holding a negligent doctor or healthcare facility liable for your injuries can be challenging, but we can protect your rights and help you recover compensation.
- Construction accidents. Many people do not realize how dangerous walking or driving by a construction site can be. These areas contain many hazards that can cause an accident, from open pits and spilled chemicals to power tools and heavy machinery. If you sustained injuries at a construction site, our injury lawyers could help you seek compensation.
- Dog bites. Dogs can cause severe or life-threatening injuries when they attack someone. Dog owners in Michigan have a legal obligation to keep their pets under control, particularly if the dog has a history of attacking people or other animals. We can help you show how a dog’s owner acted negligently and why they should compensate you for your injuries.
- Defective products. The companies that make the products we use every day have a responsibility to check for potential defects that can cause an accident. If a product injures someone due to a manufacturing or design defect, or if the company did not provide adequate warning about the risks of using its product, the manufacturer may be liable for an accident. Examples of defective products include dangerous drugs, bad auto parts, unsafe children’s toys, and toxic household cleaners.
- Nursing home abuse or neglect. We count on nursing homes to provide a safe environment for the elderly, but many nursing facilities cut corners to save money. This disregard for residents’ safety and health can have horrific consequences. Winning a nurse home abuse case can be challenging if the victim has trouble communicating, but our skilled attorneys can help you make your case.
- Accidents at work. In general, you cannot sue your employer after an accident at work. Instead, you should file a workers’ compensation claim for medical treatment and wage coverage. Our workers’ compensation lawyers can walk you through the claims process and represent you if your employer or the insurer denies, delays, or attempts to underpay your claim.
- Wrongful death. Many people never get to file a personal injury claim after an accident because they succumb to their injuries. While a lawsuit will not alleviate the pain you feel from a family member’s death, a wrongful death claim can help you recover the money you need for funeral bills, the deceased’s medical expenses, and your other needs.
Free Consultation. Ph: (800) 762-8623.
Common Injuries in Saginaw Personal Injury Cases
Accidents in Saginaw often cause significant injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- External injuries to the head and face
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Back injuries
- Severed or crushed limbs
- Internal bleeding
- Injuries to internal organs
- Broken bones
- Sprains, strains, and other soft-tissue injuries
- Severe lacerations and bruises
- Emotional distress
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Fight the Insurance Companies
Most personal injury cases in Saginaw do not go to trial. Instead, the parties involved usually negotiate an insurance settlement. But insurance companies want to keep settlement amounts as low as possible and will do everything they can to deny you fair compensation.
A personal injury lawyer can help you fight an insurance company by
- Gathering evidence to show how the liable party caused the accident and is responsible for your injuries.
- Documenting all the injuries you sustained and financial losses from the accident to maximize your potential compensation.
- Quickly filing an insurance claim against all the liable parties to avoid issues with Michigan’s statute of limitations.
- Reviewing any documents related to your case to prevent avoidable mistakes.
- Negotiating a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Bringing your case to trial if an insurer will not negotiate in good faith.
What to Do After an Accident in Saginaw
The steps you take after an accident can significantly affect your case and how much compensation you recover.
Here is how you can protect your right to compensation after an accident in Saginaw:
- Seek medical treatment immediately. Waiting too long to see a doctor could worsen your injuries and threaten your right to compensation.
- Write down what happened as soon as possible. Include as many details as you remember, as your memory of the incident may fade in the coming weeks or months.
- Preserve any evidence you have from the accident scene, such as photos, the names of eyewitnesses, and so on.
- Save your medical records and receipts.
- Do not post about the accident on social media. If you want to talk to your friends or family about the accident, do so in person or over the phone.
- Do not speak to the other party’s insurance company representatives until you have hired an attorney.
- Hire a Saginaw personal injury lawyer immediately.
Contact a Saginaw Personal Injury Lawyer Now
The Saginaw personal injury attorneys at Jay Trucks & Associates know how devastating an injury accident can be and are here to help you seek fair compensation for your injuries and other losses. Call us today at (800) 762-8623 or visit our contact page for a free consultation.
Contact us for a free consultation. (800) 762-8623