Flint Boat Accident Lawyers
Our Flint Boat Accident Lawyers Are Ready To Help
The Coast Guard reports that 38 people died while boating in Michigan in 2016. An even larger number of people were injured in boating accidents. When these accidents are caused by the carelessness or recklessness of another party, people can suddenly find themselves facing a large number of unexpected obstacles. If you or a loved one harmed in a Flint boating accident, it is common to feel uncertain about how to proceed or what to do. Fortunately, the Flint boat accident lawyers at Jay Trucks & Associates will remain committed to fighting for the compensation that you deserve. By obtaining the services of the award-winning legal counsel at Jay Trucks & Associates, you can make sure that you have the possible representation in your case which will significantly increase your chances of obtaining the compensation that you deserve.
Typical Causes of Flint Boating Accidents
There are numerous ways in which boating accidents happen, but some of the most common reasons include:
- Adverse weather conditions. It is critical that boat operators always check the weather before boating. Boat operators should also never ignore weather alerts
- Equipment failure. It is critical that a person properly maintains a boat. Failure to do so can prevent safe operation of the vehicle.
- Excessive speeding. Boats must be operated at a safe speed. Traveling at excessive speeds greatly increases the risk that a boat operator will end up colliding with other boats or obstacles.
- Impaired operators. Alcohol or drug use play a significant role in a large number of boat accidents, which is why boat operators should never operate a boat while under the influence.
- Inattentive operators. Boat operators are required to remain observant of potential dangerous, which can arise quickly on the open water.
- Inexperienced boating operators. The United States Coast Guard cites inexperienced boat operators as the third most common cause of boating accidents in the United States. It is important that boaters receive adequate training before operating a boat.
Advice on Avoiding Boating Accidents Around Flint
While some boating accidents are capable of being avoided, this is not always true. Some of the steps that you can follow to reduce the risk of ending up in an accident while boating include:
- Always having one flotation device on the boat for each passenger
- Examining the boat carefully before each use to make sure it can be safely operated
- Keeping a fire extinguisher and first aid kit aboard the boat
- Never boating in bad weather
- Staying away from boat operation while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Taking a boating safety course
- Teaching passengers on the boat how to act safely
Contact The Award-Winning Flint Boat Accident Lawyers Today
At Jay Trucks & Associates, our legal counsel has helped a large number of people who have been injured in an accident. Contact our law office today if you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a Flint boating accident. After a free case evaluation, we can help you begin to create a strong legal strategy to navigate the various obstacles arise. We also will remain committed to obtaining the best possible results for your situation. Ready to win your case? Contact us today and see why we have recovered millions for our clients.