When you are in pain after a car accident, it may be difficult to think about more than your recovery, especially if your injuries are serious. You may have questions about your medical care, and how to manage the costs if you are unable to work. Do you need an attorney? How do you file an insurance claim?
These questions and others can all be answered in a free legal consultation at our firm - and at no cost to you. Our Grand Rapid personal injury attorneys at Jay Trucks and Associates explain more about the free initial consultations we provide, including the benefit of meeting with us and what happens afterwards.
If you suffered an injury because someone else was negligent, you do not have to navigate the legal process on your own. Call our firm today to get started and learn if you may be eligible to recover compensation for your medical costs, lost wages and other damages.
How Does a Free Legal Consultation Benefit Me?
It is difficult not to be cynical whenever you see anyone offer something for free. However, when you understand why our firm offers you a free initial consultation, it may make more sense. The truth in these no-cost legal consultations is that, while there is no obligation to you, they do stand to benefit both you, the potential client and the law firm.
How You Benefit
- Attorney-client privilege applies: Even if you do not end up hiring our firm - or we determine that you may not have a case - everything that you discuss in this meeting is legally protected and completely confidential.
- Free answers to legal questions: Ask us about your potential case, including when you may get paid. Your meeting is with one of our licensed attorneys, and we are prepared to help you understand your legal options.
- Learn if you have a case: We will not take you on as a client if we do not believe your claim has a chance. Getting this information up front saves valuable time and money for everyone.
- You can still choose to walk away: Our initial consultations are not just free. There is also zero obligation to hire our firm after this meeting. Yet you still gain valuable information from a qualified attorney.
- No face-to-face meeting required: Whether you are concerned about the ongoing pandemic or getting to our office is not possible, we have the ability to provide this meeting through a video conference or over the phone.
From a purely business standpoint, giving you a free initial consultation also benefits our firm. Since we are paid out of the compensation we recover for you, we will not take a case if we determine that there is little chance of winning.
Should I Bring Anything to the Consultation?
Absolutely. There are a few things you can do to prepare for this meeting to help make sure you get the most out of it, including:
Prepare Questions and Write Them Down
Most people forget a lot of what they want to ask if questions are not written down in advance.
To start you off, here are a few common questions we are asked:
- If I have a claim and decide to hire you, what do I pay up front?
- How much are your attorney fees and other costs?
- When do I pay you?
- Which attorney will be handling my case?
- What kind of results have you achieved in cases similar to mine?
- In case a settlement is not reached, are you willing to take my case to trial?
- What experience do you have as a personal injury lawyer?
- What experience do you have as a trial lawyer?
- What are some possible outcomes for this type of case?
Gather Documents From Your Accident
Any information that is related to your case, including your accident report, pictures you took at the scene or of your injuries, contact details of potential witnesses and any medical records up to the time of the meeting can all be helpful.
Bring a Notebook
A lot of information is likely to be discussed during this meeting and it can be difficult to remember it all. Writing down important deadlines, facts and answers to your questions can be useful to you later.
What Happens After My Consultation?
Once you finish your consultation, we will let you know if you may have a valid case, including whether you may be eligible to pursue a claim for compensation beyond your no-fault benefits claim. For instance, if your injuries meet the injury threshold, you may be able to pursue excess and non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering.
We Carefully Review Everything With You
If we represent you, we thoroughly review all of the documents that you will need to sign. These documents are designed to protect both you and your attorney. Since we are legally required to explain every detail to you in full - and answer any questions you may have - do not sign anything until you fully understand it.
What to Save, What to Document
It is important to save all documentation that is connected to the accident, your injuries and the medical care that you receive. In all, receipts and documentation should include:
- Copies of the medical records related to your current injuries
- Documentation of any lost wages
- Receipts for gas and other reasonable costs to travel to and from doctor appointments
- A copy of your accident report
- Physician notes and copies of your prescriptions
- Bills for any medical costs related to this injury
- Meetings with your attorney
It is also important that you accurately and consistently document your injuries, including how your healing progresses, in a journal.
Schedule Your Free Legal Consultation Today
At Jay Trucks and Associates, we are committed to using our extensive experienced to help injured victims throughout Michigan. We have recovered millions in compensation for our clients and are prepared to fight for maximum compensation for you.
Take advantage of the free legal consultation we offer and learn if you may have a case. There is no obligation and no upfront fees to hire our firm. We have representatives ready to take your call 24/7.
No Upfront Costs. Millions Recovered. (800) 762-8623