Law enforcement in Troy is currently investigating a deadly two-vehicle accident. The accident occurred when one vehicle crossed the median and struck a second vehicle that was traveling in the opposite direction. The driver in the second vehicle was killed upon impact. The other driver was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Deadly Michigan car accidents occur more frequently than we would like to think. The Southeast Michigan Coalition of Governments has created a database that shows where every single traffic accident occurs. This database has been helpful in establishing where Michigan drivers are most in danger of being involved in an accident. Understanding where these dangerous locations are can also help motorists remain vigilant and drive defensively when they are most at risk.
The Most Dangerous Roads in Michigan
According to the database, some of the most dangerous locations in Michigan for motor vehicle accidents include:
- 11 Mile Road/I 696 and Van Dyke Avenue in Warren
- 18 ½ Mile Road and Van Dyke Avenue in Sterling Heights
- Hall Road / M 59 @ Romeo Plank Road in Clinton Township
- Hall Road/m59 and Schoenherr Road in Utica
- Interstate 75 and M 59 in Auburn Hills
- Interstate 75 and Big Beaver Road in Troy
- Interstate 75 and 14 Mile Road in Madison Heights
- Joy Rods and M 39/Southfield Freeway in Detroit
- M 5/ Martin Parkway and Pontiac Tri in Commerce Township
- Metropolitan Parkway and van Dyke Avenue in Sterling Heights
- Orchard Lake Rod and 14 Mile Road in Farmington Hills
- State Rod and Ellsworth Road in Ann Arbor
- Telegraph Road and 12 Mile Road in Southfield
- Telegraph Road and Schoolcraft in Redford Township
Other Tips for Driving Defensively
Some of the other defensive driving tips that you can follow to avoid being involved in an accident include:
- Avoid operating your vehicle in an aggressive and inattentive manner
- Do not depend on other drivers to behave in a certain manner, which includes not assuming that other drivers can see you
- Limit or completely eliminate distractions on the road, which can prevent you from safely operating your vehicle
- Make sure to leave plenty of space between yourself and other vehicles on the road
- Reduce your speed to match the surrounding conditions
- Remain aware of your surroundings
- Scan conditions that are 20 to 30 seconds ahead of you on the road
Speak with an Experienced Attorney
Even if a driver takes every possible step to avoid ending up in a distracted driving accidents, these accidents still occur. If you or a loved one is injured in a car accident and another party is responsible, you should not hesitate to speak with an experienced Clare auto accident attorney to learn more about the legal options that may be available to you.
Contact Jay Trucks and Associates today to schedule a free initial consultation. Ph: (800) 762-8623.