Product manufacturing companies have a responsibility to their consumers to make items that are safe and function as designed. An incorrectly or poorly manufactured product can result in significant injuries, permanent disability, and even death. If or when that happens, you might need the help of our Michigan product liability lawyers
. Product liability
law aims to protect consumers, based on the fact that the product’s manufacturing company must follow proper safety guidelines and perform adequate testing before the product is sold. Companies should take the necessary steps to ensure that customers receive the highest quality, most dependable products they can manufacturer. But this does not always happen. Faulty products often enter the marketplace with devastating outcomes. The three main types of product liability cases are:
- Manufacturing defects—the defect occurred during the manufacturing process.
- Design defects—a product’s design does not sufficiently protect consumers from danger. These defects challenge a product’s standards.
- Inadequate warnings—products that are inherently dangerous require additional warnings. When the current warnings do not adequately protect the user from injury, the manufacturer may be liable.
The type of product can vary considerably. The following are some examples of products that can be defective, and consequently become the focus of a product liability
- Tools and machinery
- Medicine and drugs (both prescription and non-prescription drugs)
- Medical devices
- Toxic chemicals like pesticides, asbestos, and mold
- Cars, trucks, SUVs and motorcycles
- Automobile accessories such as tires, seat belts, airbags and child car seats
- Household products and appliances
- Toys and recreational equipment
- Clothing and apparel
If you or a loved one has been injured because of a faulty product in Detroit, Bay City, Flint, Saginaw, Traverse City, or Lansing, or anywhere in Michigan, we can help you receive the compensation you deserve. Call or e-mail
the experienced Michigan product liability lawyers
at Jay Trucks & Associates, PC at 1-800-762-8623
for a free consultation.