Your Initial Consultation
What to Expect in Your Initial Consultation for Personal injury
Your free initial consultation is very important in getting things off to a prompt start, should you decide to hire us. And in any case, it’s an informative session for you in your search for the right personal injury attorney.
How to set up your free initial consultation
We accept requests for an initial consultation by phone or email, and we’ll set up a meeting time with you that’s mutually convenient.
Don’t delay in contacting us because there’s probably a statute of limitations running. This means that you have only a pre-defined period of time in which to file your claim. Before it can be filed, there will be work we’ll have to do, so the sooner you speak with us, the sooner we can get the legal ball rolling for you.
What to bring with you:
- Copies of police or accident reports
- Copies of doctor and hospital records
- Any bills you’ve received so far
- Insurance information
- Copies of any insurance documents
- A calendar marked with the critical dates: date of injury, date of surgery, of any medical or therapy appointments, etc.
- Your list of questions
The purpose of the initial consultation
You’ll have your purposes and we’ll have ours. You’ll be wanting to see if we’re the right attorneys for you, if we listen to you properly, if we seem efficient and knowledgeable. We’ll be wanting to assess your case and decide whether to take it on. So the clearer you can make things for us, the more easily we can move things forward for you.
- We’ll be very happy to answer all of your questions. If you feel any answers are unclear, please ask for further clarification.
- We’ll explain what you’re entitled to under the relevant laws, and how we can help you obtain that
- If you need further medical care, we’ll be able to recommend top quality medical professionals in Michigan to help you towards a speedy recovery
We work under the contingency fee system.
This means that you pay no up-front fee. If we bring your case to a successful conclusion, our fee will be a certain pre-arranged percentage of the settlement amount. If we fail to obtain any settlement amount for you, you’ll owe us no fee.
Jay Trucks & Associates, in Flint, Michigan, are personal injury attorneys who have successfully represented thousands of people and collected millions of dollars on their behalf. We are strong advocates for victims and tough negotiators with employers.
Contact us today for a free initial consultation.