Michigan Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Medical malpractice occurs when a medical practitioner-a doctor, nurse or other health professional-acts in a negligent manner when providing you medical care.
Free Case EvaluationOur experienced attorneys will evaluate your individual situation to see if you have a case. Contact us immediately so that we can learn more about your situation to see how we can help you.
Statewide RepresentationOur firm has lawyers spread across the state so that we can easily come to you to handle your case. We are proud to be Michigan's premier personal injury attorneys and help those who are injured.
Over 100 Years Combined ExperienceWe work hard to get you every dollar you deserve for your case. Our attorneys have over 100 years of experience and know how to handle the insurance companies to fight for your rights.
No Fees Unless We Win Your CaseOur lawyers will work hard to win thousands or millions of dollars for your case. We strive to get our clients all of the money we can for their injury and don't charge you unless we win your case.
If a medical practitioner overlooked one of your critical treatment options or disregarded your injuries or illness, you could be left suffering for years and may need the help of our Michigan medical malpractice attorney. Statistics reveal that nearly 100,000 people die each year in America as a result of medical errors. When medical mistakes to occur they can lead to:
- Soaring medical bills
- Loss of quality of life
- Ongoing need for long-term care
Medical malpractice can occur from either an action taken or the failure of an action taken by a medical practitioner. A majority of medical malpractice cases arise from one of the following:
- The health care provider failed to follow the standard procedure that should have been followed for that particular situation
- The health care provider did not diagnose or tell you that you had cancer or some other terminal illness
- The health care provider did not test for or diagnose birth injuries such as cerebral palsy
To win a Michigan medical malpractice suit, the court must agree that:
- Your physician or health care provider was responsible for providing treatment
- That person failed to provide the necessary treatment
- You sustained injuries
- That your injuries were caused by the failure of that person to provide the required treatment
Depending on the nature of your injury, you may actually be able to bring several types of claims against a doctor, nurse, health provider, even hospital. These claims include:
- Failure to diagnose, or a misdiagnosis of a disease or medical condition
- Failure to provide appropriate treatment for a medical condition
- Unreasonable delay in treating a diagnosed medical condition
If you or a loved one has been injured because of someone else’s negligence in Detroit, Bay City, Flint, Lansing, Saginaw or Traverse City, or anywhere in Michigan, we can help you receive the compensation you deserve. Call or e-mail the experienced Michigan medical malpractice attorney at Jay Trucks & Associates, PC at 1-800-762-8623 for a free consultation.