Kalamazoo Boat Accident Lawyers
Get Help From Our Kalamazoo Boat Accident Lawyers
Statistics compiled by the United States Coast Guard reveal that there are several thousand injuries each year due to boating accidents as well as hundreds of fatalities. These accidents can occur suddenly, but leave victims facing consequences that will impact the rest of their lives. If you were injured in a boating accident and another entity is responsible, it is a wise idea to contact an experienced injury attorney who can help create a strong legal strategy. At Jay Trucks & Associates, our Kalamazoo boat accident lawyers have helped a large number of people whose lives have been impacted by accidents. Among the accident victims that our law firm has helped include boating accident victims.
Common Types of Boating Accidents
There are a number of ways that Kalamazoo boating accidents can occur, but some of the most common types of accidents include the following:
- Alcohol use. A large number of boating accidents occur because operators decide to combine boating with alcohol or drugs. Boating operators should under no circumstances operate a boat while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Excessive speed. Boats traveling at excessive speeds have the potential to end up in very serious collisions as well as other accidents.
- Hazardous waters. Boat operators who do not pay attention to where the vessel is headed can end up on hazardous waters, which significantly increases the chances that an accident will occur. The United States Coast Guard reports that in 2016 there were 80 deaths to hazardous waters.
- Inattentive operators. Boat operators must remain observant of the various conditions that can arise suddenly and create dangerous situations. Operators who fail to stay alert in these situations can quickly end up in dangerous situations.
- Inexperienced operators. It is critical that boat operators receive adequate training about how to operate a boat before operation. Failure to receive proper training can result in boat operators ending up in serious accidents.
- Machinery failure. If any equipment on a boat fails to operate properly, boat operators can quickly end up finding themselves in accidents. This is why it is critical that boat operators make sure to frequently check equipment.
- Conditions can change suddenly on open water, and adverse weather conditions can significantly jeopardize the lives of a boat’s operator and passengers. This is why it is critical for boat operators to remain up to date with weather reports.
No matter how your boating accident occurs, our legal counsel will perform a detailed legal investigation to make sure that you have the strongest defense possible.
Steps to Avoid Kalamazoo Boating Accidents
There are some safety precautions that boat operators can follow to avoid the risk of being involved in an accident. Some of the important safety precautions that individuals can follow include:
- Make sure that a boat has one flotation device for each passenger on the boat
- Never combine alcohol and drugs with the operation of a boat
- Remain up to date with the most recent weather report
- Successfully complete a boating safety class
- Teach passengers about how to respond in case of emergency
Contact Our Seasoned Kalamazoo Boat Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one was involved in a boating accident, it can be difficult to determine how to best proceed. By obtaining the assistance of the Kalamazoo boat accident lawyers at the award-winning law firm of Jay Trucks & Associates, however, you can make sure that you have strong legal representation to build the strongest case possible. Contact Jay Trucks & Associates today to begin taking the steps necessary to make sure that your case resolves in the best possible manner. From start to finish, we will stay committed to fighting for the compensation that you deserve. Get started today by contacting us for a free case evaluation.