Grand Rapids Boat Accident Lawyers
Count On Our Grand Rapids Boat Accident Lawyers
In 2015, the United States Coast Guard reported that 4,158 accidents occurred involving 626 deaths and 2,613 injuries. A large number of these accidents were caused by the negligence or recklessness of at least one person. At Jay Trucks & Associates PC, we have earned the nickname of Michigan’s injury lawyers because we have the experience necessary to make sure that your case resolves in the best possible manner. So if you or a loved one has been involved in a boating accident, the best way to respond is to quickly obtain the assistance of our skilled Grand Rapids boat accident lawyers.
Common Ways in which Grand Rapids Boating Accidents Occur
There are countless ways in which boating accidents in Grand Rapids can occur, but some of the most common types of accidents include:
- Adverse weather conditions. Unsafe weather can make boat trips a deadly experience, which is why boat operators should always pay attention to weather warnings. The United States Coast Guard reports that in 2016, 597 boating accidents occurred due to inattentive boat operators which resulted in 45 deaths and 373 injuries.
- Boating driving under the influence. Boat operators should avoid operating vessels while under the influence of alcohol or drugs because this can result in a number of deadly accidents.
- Boat operators without adequate training. The United States Coast Guard warns that accidents by inexperienced boat operators are so frequent that they are the third most common type of accident. As a result, it is critical that boat operators receive adequate training.
- Excessive speeding. Boat operators should make sure to always drive at reasonable speeds. Traveling at excessively greatly increases the risk of a boat accident.
- Improper equipment. Boat operators should make sure to continually check equipment because equipment failures cause a large number of boating accidents.
- Inattentive operators. Boat operators should stay alert to the various obstacles in the ocean, which can prove particularly if not noticed.
Safety Precautions to Avoid Boating Accidents
The best way to decrease the chances of being involved in a boating accident is to take some safety precautions. While this will not eliminate the chances of being involved in an accident, it will significantly reduce them. Some of these safety precautions include:
- Always have one flotation device for every passenger on board.
- Avoid boating in bad weather
- Carefully examine a boat before operation to make sure it is capable of being safely operated
- Successfully a boating safety course
- Teach passengers how to respond in case of an emergency
- Under no circumstance should a person operate a boat while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Speak With Our Grand Rapids Boat Accident Lawyers
Jay Trucks & Associates, has earned the nickname of Michigan’s injury lawyers because we have helped people who are harmed in a large number of boating accidents navigate various obstacles to obtain the compensation they deserve. By contacting our law office today, you can take the first step towards making sure that your case resolves in the best possible manner. Speak with our law firm today to schedule an initial free case evaluation.