Cadillac Boat Accident Lawyers
How To Choose The Right Cadillac Boat Accident Lawyers
Boating accidents occur at a surprising rate. Statistics compiled by the United States Coast Guard reveal that in 2017 there were 658 fatalities and 2,629 injuries due to boat accidents. Each year over the last decade has experienced a similar number of biking injuries. If you are a person who was injured while in the role of boat operator passenger, it is a wise idea to quickly obtain the assistance of skilled Cadillac boat accident lawyers who can make sure that the responsible parties are held accountable. At Jay Trucks & Associates, we refer to ourselves as Michigan’s injury lawyers because we know what it takes to create strong legal strategies for accident victims.
Common Examples of Cadillac Boating Accidents
Boating accidents in Michigan can occur in a number of ways, but some of the most common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Deadly water. Boat operators should always remain aware of where their vessel is headed. Not doing so can result in boat operators ending up on dangerous waters, which can lead to several types of deadly accidents.
- Equipment failure. When the equipment that is used to operate boats fails, very serious accidents can occur. Equipment can fail for several reasons including poor maintenance. The best way equipment failures is to thoroughly inspect a boat prior to operation.
- Inattentive drivers. Boat operators must make sure to avoid operating a boat while distracted. If a boat operators fail to pay attention to the surroundings, there are numerous obstacles and make conditions deadly.
- Inexperienced boat operators. Boats require some distinct skills to operate. The best way for boat operators to avoid these accidents is to attend boating safety classes, which can provide boat operators with an idea of how to safely operate a vessel. Inexperienced operators were the second most common cause of boating accidents in the United States in 2016.
- Operating a boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Combining the operation of a boat with alcohol or drugs can result in very serious accidents that endanger the lives of the boat operator and its passengers.
- Poor weather conditions. Storms and lightning can arise quickly on open water and greatly endanger the lives of boat operators and passengers. The best way to anticipate these accidents is to remain up to date with weather reports.
Safety Tips to Reduce the Risk of Boating Accidents
Not all boating accidents are preventable, but there are some safety tips that boaters can take to reduce the risk of being involved in a boating include:
- Always making sure that a boat has one flotation device per passenger
- Participating in and successfully completing a boating safety course
- Never combining the operation of a boat with alcohol and drugs
- Remaining up to date with weather reports to avoid being caught in accidents
- Teaching boat passengers about how to respond in case of an emergency
Talk To Experienced Cadillac Boat Accident Lawyers
After boating accidents, victims can suddenly find themselves facing a host of unexpected problems. While it can be difficult to decide how to respond to these accidents, one of the best first steps to take is to contact an experienced injury. At Jay Trucks & Associates, PC, we have helped numerous victims and know what it takes to make sure that when boating accidents occur and someone else is responsible, the responsible parties are held accountable. Contact our law office today to arrange case evaluation. From start to finish, our legal counsel will remain committed to fighting for the results you deserve.