Bay City Boat Accident Lawyers
Finding The Best Bay City Boat Accident Lawyers
Many people are surprised to learn that each year the United States Coast Guard reports that each year there are over 4,000 boating accidents which resulted in over 600 deaths and over 2,500 injuries. At Jay Trucks & Associates, our law firm is committed to helping people who have been impacted by boating and other types of accidents and knows what it takes to make sure that your case resolves in the best possible manner. By contacting us today, you can begin to take steps to make sure that your case resolves in the best possible way.
How Bay City Boating Accidents Occur
There are many ways in which boating accidents can occur, but some of the most common reasons include:
- Adverse weather conditions. Heavy rain and lightning, as well as other adverse boating conditions can result in serious accidents, which is why boat operators must always remain aware of the weather forecast. The United States Coast Guard has found that weather is the 7th most common cause of boating accidents and that in 2016, adverse weather resulted in 41 deaths and 264 injuries while boating.
- Defective equipment. Equipment that fails to operate correctly has the potential to cause very serious accidents.
- Improperly trained boat operators. Accidents due to improperly or inadequately trained operators is reported by the United States Coast Guard to be the third most common cause of boating accidents.
- Inattentive operators. Boat operators who fail to pay attention to surroundings can end up facing very deadly conditions.
- Operating a boat while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Boat operators who decide to operate a vessel while under the influence of alcohol or drugs can end up in deadly accidents.
- Speeding while operating a boat significantly increases the chances that an accident will occur.
No matter how your boating accident occurred, our legal counsel knows what it takes to collect the necessary evidence and create a strong legal defense to make sure that accident victims obtain the compensation they deserve.
Advice to Reduce the Risk of Bay City Boating Accidents
It is possible to reduce the risk of some boating accidents by taking some important steps which include the following:
- Avoiding boating while under the influence.
- Instructing passengers about how to act safely while on a boat.
- Making sure a boat has one flotation device for each passenger
- Participating in a boating safety course.
- Reading the weather report and avoiding unsafe weather conditions
Sometimes, boating operators follow these instructions and accidents still happen. If you or a loved one is impacted by a boating accident, do not hesitate to obtain the services of skilled Bay City boat accident lawyers.
Speak With Skilled Bay City Boat Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one is harmed in a boating accident in Bay City, it is possible to be left facing injuries, bills, and even fatalities. Fortunately, the personal injury attorneys at Jay Trucks & Associates have helped many others who have been harmed in similar situations. By contacting our law office today, you can make sure that you have the strongest legal representation possible. Contact our law office today to schedule an initial free consultation. Our dedicated injury attorneys handle cases statewide.