Types of Motorcycle Accidents
Not all motorcycle accidents are alike. There are various types of accidents in which a rider can be involved that impacts the degree of injuries suffered and damage to property. The type of motorcycle accident will also influence which party may be held legally liable.
Although there are countless types of motorcycle accidents, the most common include:
- Rear-end collisions, where a motorist fails to pay attention or incorrectly judges stopping distance
- Drunk driving accidents
- U-turn or left-turn accidents when a driver fails to yield or a motorcyclist fails to see the driver
- Obstructions or hazards on the road, such as debris or landscaping
- Inclement weather such as fog and rain that decrease visibility, or oil slicks that increase the potential for an accident
- Motorcycle defects that result in a crash that should never have happened
Our Michigan motorcycle accident attorneys will need to investigate the type of motorcycle accident that you were involved in. After establishing who caused the accident, your experienced lawyer can help you file a claim against the at-fault party. This may be a driver, another biker, the motorcycle manufacturer or local agency responsible for maintaining safe roadways, such as the Michigan Department of Transportation.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Flint, Saginaw or Traverse City, Michigan, please contact the Michigan motorcycle accident attorneys at Jay Trucks & Associates, PC to discuss your injuries during your free consultation.