Michigan Product Liability Lawyers
Product manufacturing companies have a responsibility to their consumers to make items that are safe and function as designed. An incorrectly or poorly manufactured product can result in significant injuries, permanent disability, and even death. If or when that happens, you might need the help of our Michigan product liability lawyers.
Free Case EvaluationOur experienced attorneys will evaluate your individual situation to see if you have a case. Contact us immediately so that we can learn more about your situation to see how we can help you.
Statewide RepresentationOur firm has lawyers spread across the state so that we can easily come to you to handle your case. We are proud to be Michigan's premier personal injury attorneys and help those who are injured.
Over 100 Years Combined ExperienceWe work hard to get you every dollar you deserve for your case. Our attorneys have over 100 years of experience and know how to handle the insurance companies to fight for your rights.
No Fees Unless We Win Your CaseOur lawyers will work hard to win thousands or millions of dollars for your case. We strive to get our clients all of the money we can for their injury and don't charge you unless we win your case.
Product liability law aims to protect consumers, based on the fact that the product’s manufacturing company must follow proper safety guidelines and perform adequate testing before the product is sold.
Companies should take the necessary steps to ensure that customers receive the highest quality, most dependable products they can manufacturer.
But this does not always happen. Faulty products often enter the marketplace with devastating outcomes.
The three main types of product liability cases are:
- Manufacturing defects—the defect occurred during the manufacturing process.
- Design defects—a product’s design does not sufficiently protect consumers from danger. These defects challenge a product’s standards.
- Inadequate warnings—products that are inherently dangerous require additional warnings. When the current warnings do not adequately protect the user from injury, the manufacturer may be liable.
The type of product can vary considerably. The following are some examples of products that can be defective, and consequently become the focus of a product liability suit.
- Tools and machinery
- Medicine and drugs (both prescription and non-prescription drugs)
- Medical devices
- Toxic chemicals like pesticides, asbestos, and mold
- Cars, trucks, SUVs and motorcycles
- Automobile accessories such as tires, seat belts, airbags and child car seats
- Household products and appliances
- Toys and recreational equipment
- Clothing and apparel
If you or a loved one has been injured because of a faulty product in Detroit, Bay City, Flint, Saginaw, Traverse City, or Lansing, or anywhere in Michigan, we can help you receive the compensation you deserve. Call or e-mail the experienced Michigan product liability lawyers at Jay Trucks & Associates, PC at 1-800-762-8623 for a free consultation.