Motorcycle Accident Claims
While motorcycles are thrilling vehicles that allow you to travel the open road without feeling confined, more than 80% of motorcycle accidents result in serious injury or death. In addition, bikers are often faced with prejudices from law enforcement officials and insurance companies. Therefore, if you or a loved one has been in a motorcycle accident, it is important to seek legal representation as soon as possible.
Motorcycle accidents are often complex claims. While our knowledgeable Michigan motorcycle accident attorneys are an essential aspect of your claim, there are also actions you can take to help your claim. Here are some suggestions:
- Do not repair your motorcycle until you have spoken to a personal injury attorney. You will need to have your bike inspected, and also allow the other party to perform their own inspection.
- Keep all medical bill receipts and other out-of-pocket expenses pertaining to your accident.
- Maintain a record of your personal injuries. This includes all medical documents and a detailed record of how your injuries are affecting your life physically and emotionally.
- Chart your loss in wages if you must miss time from work.
- Document what limitations you are experiencing both personally and professionally, and how long you are unable to work.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a motorcycle accident in the Flint, Michigan area, please contact the Michigan motorcycle accident attorneys at Jay Trucks & Associates, PC to arrange your free consultation. We also serve clients in Saginaw and Traverse City, Michigan.